I continue to learn how to document my own work. If it helps others, great. I also share my teaching materials here.
- Wikidata Tutorials: Egyptian cabinets, Egyptian pashas, Investigate categories in Wikidata.
- How to section of the Digital Egyptian Gazette (18 lessons).
- Build a Hugo Website in GitHub Pages on OSX.
- “Making a small RDF database,” for Programming Historian. [dormant draft]
Linked syllabi for the most recent versions of classes I’ve taught:
- ASH 1044 – Middle Eastern History and Civilizations, Fall 2019.
- IDS 2681 - Digital Microhistory Lab, Spring 2020.
- ASH 3230 - Middle East Research, Spring 2021.
- HIS 3930 – The Ottoman Mediterranean, Spring 2015.
- ASH 4223 – Legal History of the Modern Middle East, Fall 2016.
- Computational Methods in the Humanities, Spring 2021.
- Middle East historiography colloquium, Spring 2020.
- Islamic Law and Society (co-taught with Adam Gaiser), Spring 2016.
- Core readings for grad comps exams.
Image source: Campers trying archery at Camp Weed at St. Teresa Beach (1967), Florida Memory